Friday, December 28, 2012

The Best Day of the Year

So kids here are in school, like, all the time. They go to their elementary schools in the mornings/afternoons, and they go to their cram schools in the afternoons/evenings. It's work, work, work, all the time. These poor kids never really get a break.
Except for their "Racing Day." 
 The Racing Day is a party day. They play games, eat food, have relays, chat with friends, and--most importantly--they race. Anyone can come and watch the races, too. So, because I don't have classes in the mornings, I went to the closest Elementary school where most of my students (and my cousins) went to school, and I watched them race. 
Not only did I get to see my cousins race (and they both did amazingly well), but I also got to see a number of my students race, as well. It was so fun seeing them, and they were all so excited to see me. ("It's Miss RAYNE! Raynebow! Hi Raynebow! Did you see me race??")
They were all just tickled pink to have a day off of actual school work that they would have been happy about anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment