Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Encore

So a few weeks back, we took a trip up to Taipei. 

Going to Taipei is like going to San Francisco (at least for me). It's far enough away to not have it be a regular thing, but day trips up there are easy-peasy. Weekend trips are even easier. 
This was just a day trip, though.
 My last time in Taipei while I'm here. Definitely bittersweet.

This trip wasn't for the 101 specifically, although inevitably that's where a trip to Taipei always ends up. We went here:


 LDS Taipei, Taiwan Temple. Down a little side street right in the middle of Taipei. Beautiful. It's architecture has has actually won an award here, so I've been told. 

Isn't it just so brilliantly adorable?
 Whilst there, however, I spent most of my time watching other people's children. (Like I don't get enough of that already, right?) But really, I wouldn't have had it any other way. Kids are growing on me, especially the ones here. 

After we frolicked around the temple, we had extra time (thanks to weather, the traffic was practically nonexistent--by Taiwanese standards, anyway), so we decided to take a quick trip to 101. Because, as I said, that's what people do.
All around and about the 101, there are things to do. Most everyone went to find something to eat. I went to the shopping mall across the street. 
I'm sorry, but shopping is seriously one of the most therapeutic things for me. (I don't even have to buy anything for it to work it's wonders. Let me just point that out right now.) And I hadn't done any real shopping in so long. 
So it was pretty fulfilling, and I was in an all around incredible mood by the time I was supposed to meet the others to wait for the bus. 

And, I mean, it's Taipei. It's pretty spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment