Friday, December 28, 2012

Shoot Me in the Face, it's Christmastime.

At Berhan, because it's an American English school, we celebrate American holidays. (I may have mentioned that already.) And, at Berhan, we do one crazy-big holiday per year. Sometimes, it's Halloween that's crazy big, and sometimes, it's Christmas that's crazy big. 
This year, it was Christmas. Christmas was crazy big. 
And by "crazy big," I mean there was dancing, there was a play, there was script-writing, there was performing, there were costumes, there were multiple parties, there were presents, there were movies, there were last minute rehearsals, and of course there were tears of frustration, glee, and delusional tiredness.
It was crazy big.
 
(These are just half the students. The back half. Where my students were sitting. I'm a bit biased.)
With Santa.
And Mrs. Claus.
And elves.
And a Christmas tree.
And Frosty. 
And a snowflake. 
And the Grinch.
And presents. Did I mention that? Lots and lots of presents.

The entire school (or just about) put on a Christmas play. All English classes (or just about) were required to participate. 
Like, seriously, required. Like, "you're singing a song, and wearing a costume, or so help me" kind of required. My first graders took the whole thing in stride (the cuties), and my fifth graders considered themselves lucky that they were "sleeping" half the time they were on the stage. Easiest performance of their lives, right? I should think so.
Aren't they just so precious? Those are my kids. Mine

Well, that Saturday was completely exhausting. Not to mention that I had to frolic around in an elf costume that who knows how many other teachers have worn (ew). The kids must be used to seeing teachers walk around in Christmas colored tights and tunics, because they didn't even blink an eye when they saw me all dolled up. Like I have any dignity left, anyway.

After the Christmas play, there were pictures.
Duh, obviously. 

Don't mind their facial expressions. They really are awesome.

This was the last time that I got to see all my students before I leave for America. 
These kids are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment