Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's Official. I Lived Here.

So guys. 

There's this bridge here. 
It's just for walking.
It goes over the train station, and you have to walk across it to get to the main entrance of the train station.
And the main bus station. 
So if you want to go anywhere besides Fengyuan, you cross this walking bridge. 
And on this walking bridge, there are locks. 

Like, padlocks.

Like, lots and lots of locks.
People just put them there. For lots of reasons, I suppose. (Most of them are in Chinese, you know. That hinders my understanding, a bit.) 
Some of them have been there for years and years, whereas others are totally, brand-spanking new. People have been locking a piece of themselves on this little walking bridge in Fengyuan, Taiwan, for who knows how long. 

So how could we pass it up? 

So, locks were found. And they were decorated.

And then, they were taken to the Walking Bridge. 
And there, I left a little piece of myself that will stay in Taiwan forever. 
So. I've made my mark. 

At least, I've made a mark that I can see, anyways. 
And I'm always a little excited to see my lock when I'm on my way out of Fengyuan. It just makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment