Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Does It Need Saying?

The best part about my weekend? 

That. 
And this:
Kenting.
I swam there. 
It was amazing. As a Northern California girl born and raised, I'm used to frigid, greenish brown water on an overcast/sunny beach that you can only enjoy when you're good and numb. I love beaches. I love getting numb, I love spending hours in the temperamental sun getting frostbite and sunburned simultaneously. I've never been to any other beaches besides the ones in Northern California. 

Ohmygoodnessguys, the beaches in Kenting, Taiwan.

The water was clear and blue, the perfect temperature, and the waves were only slightly risky. I could see the coral below my feet as I was swimming. I didn't want to get out of the ocean, because I was warm in the water and the air around me was cold. I did somersaults, I floated above the rocks and coral, and I dived into the waves as they went crashing into the shore. Oh my goodness. If only the beach wasn't five-ish hours away. 

Unfortunately, we didn't spend all three days on the beach. We spent some time other places, like these ones:

Conclusion? Taiwan is amazing.

You should really just come here, you know.

4 comments:

  1. I'm contemplating leaving the US and living in Asia! These pictures are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to. Graduate this semester, and come out here in July. :) Think you can manage that?

      Delete
  2. Ok, explain the fire picture!

    I'm jealous. I LOVE the beach, because of all the reasons you described. Where else can you get frost bite and sunburned at the same time?? But I've heard other beaches are so nice. I'll have to visit one some time in my life....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That fire was coming straight out of the ground, through these rocks. It never goes out, it's always there. It's really cool! Ha it's funny, actually, because there's a fence around the fire, telling people not to cross the fence, not to use the fire too cook things, and not to let off fireworks. But everyone steps over the fence, everyone brings popcorn to cook over the fire, and everyone lets off fireworks. Vendors were even set up around the fire selling popcorn and fireworks. :)

      Delete